The Career Education Association of Victoria is a not for profit association that represents school-based careers practitioners and related professionals. It is a member of the Council of Professional Teaching Associations of Victoria (CPTAV). Our membership is currently approximately 650. This includes school staff in the careers role, VET coordinators, MIPS coordinators (Victorian government schools program) and Work Experience Coordinators.
The prime role of the association is to provide professional development to members. This occurs via workshops and seminars, conferences, special projects, email information distribution, phone advice, a quarterly supplement, professional journal, inhouse publications, bookshop facilities and other activities.
The CEAV provides consulting services to government, industry, schools and other educational and training institutions.
We hold an annual residential conference for new career practitioners in February each year. We also hold a Biennial Conference in December.
The CEAV committee meets every six weeks at the CEAV Office located at Unit 3 192B Burwood Road Hawthorn. There are 3 Executive Committee members – the President, Vice President and Treasurer, 9 general committee members, and the Director. We also invite representatives from related organisations to attend committee meetings as co opted members.
- President: Judith Clarke, St Monica's College Epping
- Vice President: Mae Batrouney, Highvale Secondary College
- Treasurer: Lois Carlton, Student Recruitment The University of Melbourne
Committee members 2012
- Richard Towers - The Grange P- 12 College
- Enza Sgroi - Wantirna Secondary
- Ellen Fleming - Mt Waverley Secondary
- Angela Koehler - Reservoir District Secondary College
- Carolyn Scriven - Siena College
- Donald Warren - NMIT
- Marilyn Foster - Acacia College
- Helen Hammersley - Wesley College
- Alex Sims - Deakin University
Co-opted Members 2012
- Leela Darvall, Department of Education and Early Childhood Development -Youth Transitions Division
- David Osborne, Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC)
- Ian Marrett , IT Australia
- Jennifer Hippisley, LLEN
- Executive Manager: Bernadette Gigliotti, (CEAV Staff full time)
- CEAV Training Manager: Maryanne Mooney (CEAV Staff full time)
- CEAV Training Administrator: Teresa Montalto (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday)
- Member Services Manager: Naomi Corlett (Wednesday, Thursday)
- Office Manager: Lee Ponsioen (CEAV Staff full time)
- IT Support: Anita Viglione (CEAV Staff Full time)
- Administration Support: Julia Larn (CEAV Staff part time )
CEAV Honourary Academic - Dr Mary McMahon
Dr. McMahon has accepted the CEAV's invitation to be our Honorary Academic to assist us in the development of our Training programs. We are very pleased and honoured to have one of Australians most eminent researchers and leaders in the field of career development as a member of the CEAV.
CEAV NEW Location
The CEAV office is located at Unit 3, 192B Burwood Road Hawthorn 3122. Office hours are 8.30am to 5.00pm . Phone 03 9810 6400. Email email@example.com
The CEAV currently has representatives on national and local career associations. The President or their nominee represents CEAV on the Career Industry Council of Australia (CICA).
Regional careers groups
Victoria has 36 regional careers groups (networks). These groups link with the CEAV to support careers practitioners in their work. The groups usually have school-based members plus representatives from TAFEs and universities, other employer organisations, LLENs and Youth Connections representatives and meet monthly or quarterly. For more information regarding the Regional Careers Group List contact the CEAV office,