The Career Education Association of Victoria is a not for profit association that represents school-based careers practitioners and related professionals. It is a member of the Council of Professional Teaching Associations of Victoria (CPTAV). Our membership is currently approximately 720. This includes school staff in the careers role, VET coordinators, MIPS coordinators (Victorian government schools program) and Work Experience Coordinators.
The prime role of the association is to provide professional development to members. This occurs via workshops and seminars, conferences, special projects, email information distribution, phone advice, a quarterly supplement, professional journal, inhouse publications, bookshop facilities and other activities.
The CEAV provides consulting services to government, industry, schools and other educational and training institutions.
We conduct a 2 day short course program for new career practitioners in February and July each year and we also hold annual 2 day Conference in December.
The CEAV committee meets every four weeks at the CEAV Office located at Unit 3 192B Burwood Road Hawthorn. There are 4 Executive Committee members – the President, Vice President,Treasurer and Secretary, general committee members, and the Executive Manager. We also invite representatives from related organisations to attend committee meetings as co opted members.
- President: Judith Clarke, St Monica's College Epping
- Vice President: Mae Batrouney, Highvale Secondary College
- Treasurer: Donald Warren , Development manager, Faculty of Earth Sciences NMIT- TAFE
- Secretary: Enza Sgroi, Wantirna Secondary College
Committee members 2013
- Richard Towers - The Grange P- 12 College
- Ellen Fleming - Mt Waverley Secondary
- Carolyn Scriven - Siena College
- Jacky Burton - The Knox School
- Anne Wood - Strathmore Secondary College
- Alex Sims - Deakin University
Co-opted Members 2013
- Leela Darvall, Department of Education and Early Childhood Development -Youth Transitions Division
- Jennifer Hippisley, LLEN
- Adrian Blades, VTAC
CEAV Inc Staff
- Executive Manager: TBA
- Member Services Manager: Naomi Corlett (Wednesday, Thursday)
- Business Manager: Lee Ponsioen (CEAV Staff full time)
- IT Support Officer: Anita Viglione (CEAV Staff Full time)
- Administration Support: Rachel Dobson (CEAV Staff part time )
CEAV Honourary Academic - Dr Mary McMahon
Dr. McMahon has accepted the CEAV's invitation to be our Honorary Academic to assist us in the development of our Training programs. We are very pleased and honoured to have one of Australians most eminent researchers and leaders in the field of career development as a member of the CEAV.
The CEAV office is located at Unit 3, 192B Burwood Road Hawthorn 3122. Office hours are 8.30am to 4.30pm . Phone 03 9810 640003 9810 6400. Email email@example.com
The CEAV currently has representatives on national and local career associations. The President or their nominee represents CEAV on the Career Industry Council of Australia (CICA). CEAV is a member of The International Association for Educational and Vocational Guidance (IAEVG) and staff members who are members of the National Career Development Association of America (NCDA).
Regional careers groups
Victoria has 36 regional careers groups (networks). These groups link with the CEAV to support careers practitioners in their work. The groups usually have school-based members plus representatives from TAFEs and universities, other employer organisations, LLENs and Youth Connections representatives and meet monthly or quarterly. For more information regarding the Regional Careers Group List contact the CEAV office.