The Career Education Association of Victoria(CEAV) was formed in 1975 to provide service and support to career practitioners in schools who assist young people regarding their futures. The CEAV also provides support to VET, MIPs, Work Experience and VCAL coordinators. The CEAV is a not for profit professional association providing quality professional learning programs to its members. The CEAV is the peak State Based association representing career practitioners in a variety of educational settings.
The CEAV vision is to service the wider public benefit as the leader in the provision of quality career education and career development services and products to the community.
the Australian Centre for Career Education supports clients and those most disadvantaged within the broader community to access career education, quality career development services and products. The ACCE supports its members to promote career development as a lifelong process. This is achieved through the development and delivery of ethical and professional career education, careers counselling services and products.
The Australian Centre for Career Education values career development as a means to promote social inclusion, economic benefit and sustainable human workforce development, so that all people may lead engaging and productive lives. There is a wider public benefit to be served in overcoming the lack of knowledge and skills and other disadvantage experienced by certain groups of people in the community seeking access to career and
To achieve this, the Objectives of the centre are to:
- Successfully advocate for Career Education for the public benefit in conjunction with schools, parent bodies, principal groups, government departments, employment agencies, employer bodies, unions, employer groups and other stake holders.
- Draw clients from all walks of society, including having a focus on engaging indigenous communities, people with low socio-economic status, people with disabilities, people who speak English as an additional language and people from rural and remote communities.
- Successfully deliver professional career education services to the community.
- Develop and provide relevant, innovative and quality career development professional learning and training programs, products and communication mediums.
- Conduct and publish career research.
- Enhance and develop collaborative, effective and strategic relationships with relevant organisations.
- Develop the professional career development skills and knowledge of our members, staff and the community.
Links to national associations
The CEAV has links with equivalent associations interstate. It is also a founding member of The Career Industry Council of Australia (CICA) a strategic alliance of Australia professional associations involved in career development who are currently funded by the federal government to support the development of professional standards for the career development industry.