The Career Education Association of Victoria(CEAV) was formed in 1975 to provide service and support to career practitioners in schools who assist young people regarding their futures. The CEAV also provides support to VET, MIPs, Work Experience and VCAL coordinators. The CEAV is a not for profit professional association providing quality professional learning programs to its members. The CEAV is the peak State Based association representing career practitioners in a variety of educational settings.
The CEAV vision is that all young people leave school confident that they can manage their Career Development.
The CEAV’s mission is to support members to:
- improve and extend the quality of their career education programmes
- promote career development as a lifelong process and;
- increase the capacity of young people to make informed career choices
The CEAV objectives are to:
- successfully advocate the status of Career Education in schools
- provide quality, targeted and timely professional learning delivered in innovative and flexible modes
- facilitate effective Careers Education policy formulation and implementation
- facilitate effective stakeholder communication.
Links to national associations
The CEAV has links with equivalent associations interstate. It is also a founding member of The Career Industry Council of Australia (CICA) a strategic alliance of Australia professional associations involved in career development who are currently funded by the federal government to support the development of professional standards for the career development industry.