CEAV - Trading as The Australian Centre for Career Education
The Career Education Association of Victoria Inc (CEAV) is an education association, providing services to professionals, non professionals and the general public.
The CEAV was formed in 1975 to provide service and support to industry and schools. Its focus was to start the dialogue between young people leaving school and employers seeking to develop their workforce capabilities. This was achieved through the development of work experience programs and training in career education. The CEAV was instrumental in advocating for career education teachers in schools to assist young people with their future career planning. Over time the association has grown to include career practitioners working with young people and adults in a variety of educational settings including non-school based settings.
In 2013, the CEAV redeveloped its profile to be more reflective of its purpose. In 2014, the association commenced trading as the Australian Centre for Career Education (ACCE).
The ACCE now has the capacity to provide a more holistic approach to career education services for its members and the broader community.
The Australian Centre for Career Educations’ vision is to service the wider public benefit as the leader in the provision of quality career education and career development services and products to the community.
The Australian Centre for Career Education supports clients and those most disadvantaged within the broader community to access career education, quality career development services and products. The ACCE supports its members and non members to promote career development as a lifelong process. This is achieved through the development and delivery of ethical and professional career education programs and products.
CEAV Purpose Statement
Our purpose is the advancement of education for the public benefit, particularly in relation to career development
We will pursue our purpose by means and activities including:
- Providing career development teaching programs to the public;
- Providing career development learning programs to the public;
- Developing relevant, innovative and quality career development professional learning and training programs, products and communications media;
- Advocating for career education to benefit school leavers, indigenous people, disabled people, rural people, people for whom English is an additional language, the underemployed, and the unemployed in conjunction with schools, parent bodies, Principal, teacher and education groups, government departments, employer bodies, unions, employment agencies, disability and refugee organisations, and other stakeholders;
- Conducting and publishing career research;
- Enhancing and developing collaborative, effective strategic relationships with relevant organisations; and
- Doing all things incidental and necessary to promote and achieve its purpose.
Links to national associations
The ACCE has links with equivalent education associations interstate. It is also a founding member of The Career Industry Council of Australia. CICA is the national industry body for careers practitioners in Australia. CICA is a strategic alliance of Australian professional associations involved in career development. CICA developed the National Professional Standards for Australian Career Development Practitioners. The ACCE adheres to the requirements of The Professional Standards.